Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Payoff


(I’m just going to ignore the fact that I haven’t been writing like I vowed to.)

Thanks to our Adoption tax Credit refund, I was able to write a huge (in my world) check to pay-off some debt last week. It was a great feeling!

Seriously, weight was removed from my shoulders.

No, we aren’t “debt freeeeeee” but we are not as much of a slave to the debt as we were before that check. 

When we started the Dave Ramsey Baby Steps, our calculations had us debt free by this coming August. We’ve hit a few bumps along the way and that date has been pushed back. But I’m still confident that the day is coming when we won’t be weighed down by debt and we will be able to save for our and our family’s future. 

And, while the satisfaction of paying off a debt is great, it probably would be a greater feeling to have not gotten in debt in the first place. You live, you learn.

No comments: