Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Friday, May 11, 2012

Enough


My friend Maria posted her reaction to the TIME Magazine cover article (which I will not link to) over at NewYorkMOM
  
And I agree with everything she said. 

Obviously, I did not breast feed my daughter. We had 2 weeks’ notice before she arrived. So I guess we didn’t get ‘attached’. 

I work full time away from my home. So I guess we are continuing to not be ‘attached’. 

Really?

Moms these days do not need the pressure from national publications asking if they are “Mom Enough”. There is plenty of pressure from family, friends and neighbors who all choose to parent differently.

Don’t let the shock-value of the cover photo outweigh the choices you make as a parent.
Do the best you can and ask for help when you need it.
Raise your children to respect others and to value family and health.
Do it in a way that makes an impact. 

I guarantee that way is not the same as your friend down the road or your mom’s grandmother, but it’s your way. 

Own it.

No comments: