Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Irresponsible v. Irresistible 2012

That’s the case that will define my year.

That’s the question I vow to pose to myself each time I see an item I want to buy, I so solemnly swear.

The lawyers for my "free spirit" defendant and my "nerd" prosecution sides will give their arguments. (That's Dave Ramsey* terminology, btw.)

I will have the jury in my brain deliberate for at least 24 hours before coming to a verdict on any item that could be seen as frivolous. 

The next time something shiny catches my eye, I will take it into the judge’s chambers of my consciousness before I spend money.

 Do I want a new shirt or money? Do I want a shirt made from money?

How do you make purchase decisions?
*

 

No comments: