Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Monday, September 19, 2011

Working Mama


Yep, that’s my new title and I like it!

I started back to work last week and other than an anxiety attack disguised as a bad case of heartburn over the weekend, I think it went rather well.

Honestly, I didn’t think I was anxious. I was more nervous about going back into the office than I was about leaving my daughter home with her dad. We aren’t putting her in daycare, so what is there to be nervous about?

Well, my body thought differently and I started having crushing pains in my chest and back on the Saturday before my first day at work. I went to the doctor Monday afternoon and after x-rays and blood tests and a clear liquid diet for 48 hours, she prescribed some acid reflux medication and it seems to be working- or I’m a lot calmer after a week back. I really don’t know which it is.

Mr. Blakesnewface had a few rough days with the baby not wanting to sleep, but they did well. He is a lot more patient than I and can handle those times with grace.

I also really appreciated my weekend with our daughter. Time away leads to new perspectives on the time there is to spend with her. While I might be envious of the SAHMs of the world, it isn’t an overwhelming jealousy. I like my job. I love my husband and daughter. I know my priorities.

No comments: