Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What is the statute of limitations on embarrasment?

This weekend I finally hooked up my VCR to my computer with my conversion software to put some old home movies and recordings on DVD.
As I am watching the videos that some friends and I made in college (mid-late 90's) I cringed, then laughed, then cringed some more. Thank God there was no Youtube in those days!

I really shouldn't be embarrassed.  I was truly just being me in the videos. But it appears that 'me' was annoying and silly.

I'm embarrased to know these videos exist in more than just my house (a friend has the original copies). And yes, they could be put on Youtube now...but I hope I would easily get over the embarrasment of seeing myself lip synching to Spice Girls and trying to dance to the Men In Black theme song. I refuse to dance in front of anyone these days for the very reasons evident on this particular video!

I don't know if you ever become un-embarrassed by things like this. Do you grow out of that feeling? Will I ever be able to watch these without cringing? I think so...but I'm not there yet.

No comments: