Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Thursday, February 3, 2011

What's so Super about it?

I will gladly admit that I don’t get into the Super Bowl. I’m not an NFL fan. I tried to watch some games when some key Auburn football grads got drafted, but I just couldn’t get into it.


I love football, but I don’t care anything about the NFL…please don’t shoot me.

I go to Super Bowl parties. I even enjoy the commercials. Of course, I pick some of them apart because of my B.A. in Advertising, so that makes it a little bit not fun.

I just don’t care anything about the game. I’ve always found it hard to watch a game when I don’t have a team to cheer for.

Here’s where you say “So just pick a team!”

Nope, not that easy. I’ve tried. Really, I have. I just cannot get into it when I don’t have heart in it.

I can cheer for my high school/hometown team. I can cheer for the college team I was raised to love. But I can’t just pick a team and cheer for them. No matter how much I love watching the game, there has got to be something in it for me. And when I don’t have a team to go for, then I have no desire to watch or care.

I’m not trying to be blasphemous. I completely understand those of you that do have teams playing in the finals, the biggest game of the season. But when you don’t have a team playing, then what is there to enjoy?

Who knows, once Cam Newton is drafted this year, I might try to watch next season to see if he plays.

Oh, I will vote for a Super Bowl Monday national holiday if it ever comes on the ballot though. I will definitely take advantage of that!

No comments: