Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Big Breakfast

I am not a big breakfast eater. I eat breakfast…most of the time. But it usually isn’t big. Maybe an egg or two with cheese. Maybe a bowl of cereal. Maybe some cookies.


I don’t eat eggs, bacon, pancakes, toast, and sausage and wash it all down with OJ or anything like that. I cannot possibly stomach that much food early in the morning.

However, having started the 4-Hour Body eating plan, I’ve had to force myself (read: gag at times) to eat a large breakfast. I’ve been eating 2 whole eggs and one egg-white, spinach, onions, and tomatoes (about 4-6 oz of veggies), and adding one quarter to one half a cup of black beans. That’s a crazy amount of food for me to eat first thing at 5 am. On some days I haven’t been able to. But mostly, I’ve managed to get it all down.

Come to find out- I actually remain fully satisfied until lunchtime at noon! I realize this is not the recommended amount of time between meals, so I usually have about 20 almonds between breakfast and lunch, though I’ve not needed them.

This is a big thing for me though- not getting hungry for a mid-morning snack. Yeah, maybe there have been a few days where my brain thought it was hungry, but my body was still satisfied from my breakfast.

I don’t know that I’ll ever get used to eating that much in the mornings. At least not to the point that I WANT to eat that much, but I realize it is what my body needs to hold off my hunger cravings until my next full meal.

The eating plan for 4HB is working for me. And I’m actually listening to my body and noticing the difference in emotional/mental hunger vs. actual hunger. The thing is, I haven’t had any ACTUAL hunger since I’ve started this plan.

Very interesting, huh?

Very interesting indeed.

No comments: