Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Anxiety

I’ve never really considered myself an anxious person. Yes, I get nervous about some things and I do worry. But lately I’ve been really really anxious. To the point where it is affecting my sleep and I am clenching my jaw throughout the day.


For the past several weeks, there has been at least one night during the week that I only sleep for about 3 hours, and then I’m up for the rest of the night/morning.

I’ve been sleeping with my night guard in, but that doesn’t necessarily make me stop clenching, just guards my teeth from damage grinding may cause.

But even during the day, my jaw is so sore from being tense.

I have a spot under my shoulder blade where I’ve always “held my stress” but even that isn’t bothering me as much as my jaw.

Why am I so anxious?

It is most likely about the adoption and all things that go along with that searching and waiting. And then there is the car search we’ve been on where we’ve found just 2 cars in about 50 lots (+daily searching on Craigslist, Autotrader, Ebay, etc) that would fit our needs. And then they slip through our fingers for whatever reason.

Anxiety is unpleasant and something I shouldn’t have. I should be relying on the Almighty to take away my frustrations and stresses.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Phil 4:6

Sadly, That is so much easier said then done.


What physical symptoms of anxiety do you have? How do you release your stresses?

No comments: