I just found out that our Home Study on Friday is going to cost about $400 more than I anticipated. I can’t quite remember why I thought it was going to be cheaper, but I did.
We have the money; that’s not the issue. The issue is the anticipation of the rest of the costs we are about to endure when we continue on with the process.
If we waited until we had the cash, we’d be too old to have a baby. If we had been able to just get pregnant, worrying about money would be an issue, but we’d HAVE to deal with it. In this instance, we are making a choice to deal with it. And that choice is one that I waver on daily.
We want a child more than anything. We’ll deal with the costs as they come. But it doesn’t stop us from wondering if we CAN afford this. And what we will do if we can’t.