Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Nostalgia

I'm back!

I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday. I've been totally unplugged except for my iphone for a couple of weeks. It's been refreshing.

I've found a couple of new obsessions in my TV watching...
Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Storage Wars, Auction Kings, Auction Hunters and Cash and Cari. Ok, so that's more than a couple. I'm slightly obsessed. It doesn't help that I've been home all day for days and been able to watch every.single.episode. I just find these things so interesting. Maybe one day I will have disposable income with which to 'pick'.

I still haven't finished a new book. I've GOT to start reading more. Well, I have been reading, just not the books I need to be reading (especially now that I have a Kindle!). I found some of my journals from high school and college this weekend, so I read those. OMG. I was one messed up kid. It makes me wonder if we all went through those thoughts and "things" as teens. It was some interesting reading. Humorous in parts, sad in others. It was also funny at how well I remembered things and people once I'd read about them. And of course, I looked up some of the people I'd mentioned in there on Facebook...I had to!

This is a rough first entry back to the blogging, but I'm not back to my usual daily routine yet. Expect better entries later this week.

Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Dear Blake's New Face,

Why am I now having urges to fire up another blog? I mean, I spent all those years having a love/hate relationship with my blog, then we parted ways earlier in 2010 and it has been great. Now I miss it a bit.

Your Fickle Friend,
Ryan