Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Negative Nelly

That’s the name I call myself.

I can never be happy about good news long enough to enjoy it. I have to start worrying about all the bad things that MIGHT happen.

It wasn’t even an hour after our Home Study was complete that I started going down Dreary Lane.

Mr. Blakesnewface didn’t appreciate that one bit.

I was all “now we have to save a bajillion dollars, buy new-to-us cars, buy baby furniture, have money so we can be home for a little while on top of the adoption costs, etc. etc.”

He was all “Can’t you just be happy that we completed a step and are now closer than we have been to bringing a child home?!?”

Okay Okay.

I get it.

My faith is quick to ebb.

Yeah, there is a lot of stuff to think about money-wise now, but I’ve got to give my worries to God and let Him lead the way. I need to be positive and enjoy the happiness brought on by good news.

Negativity is so over-rated.

No comments: