Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Monday, January 31, 2011

Can something be easy for once? Please?

My husband and I ventured into no less than 15 car lots over the weekend. We looked at many many cars. This was after weeks of searching Craigslist, Ebay, and Autotrader. We found ONE that fit our criteria, though I wasn’t exactly excited by its looks. (Good condition, just not my style.)


Then yesterday, on the way home from church, we decided to cruise through a car lot and there it was! It was marked the right price, it was in great looking condition, it was a good year. I looked up reviews immediately and there wasn’t much bad to say about it. Of course, the dealership was closed so we emailed about the car.

I left work at lunch today and we went to take it for a test drive. I was excited. I could see myself in this car, unlike the other one we had seen within our budget. When we got there, the car wasn’t where it had been. We asked about it, but the salesman didn’t know where it was either. After looking around, it came driving into the lot…from a test drive. The people immediately went into an office and started doing paperwork.

And there it went, the perfect car, gone just like that. I wanted to cry. I know I shouldn’t have gotten emotionally attached to the car that quickly. But I thought for once it was going to be quick and easy.

But then I remembered, nothing in my life can ever be quick and easy.

No comments: