Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Thursday, January 27, 2011

BIG?

I hate making big purchases. I always feel I’ve accomplished more when I buy multiple lesser costing items than one big item.

That’s how I end up with a lot of junk that I don’t need too. It’s taken me many years to realize this.

I have started having less physical pains (heart palpitaitons, etc) when buying a big item than I used to. But I am by no means cured.

For example, I had to purchase a pair of new running shoes this week. Yeah, that’s a BIG purchase in my book. Anything costing around $100 or more is big to me. But I need running shoes. I need them because running is my hobby and I have worn my latest ones out. Before I took up running, I rarely bought sneakers* because the pair I had lasted forever. But since I started running, I have bought at least 4 pair in 2 years. I’ve had to get used to spending that much to get a good pair- after much convincing from my husband, the king of buying expensive sporting goods.

I’ve made other big purchases, larger than a $100 pair of shoes, out of necessity. It always stresses me out, but I’m becoming used to it. I guess that happens in adulthood.

The hubby and I are currently shopping for a car. Now that’s BIG.

What’s a big purchase for you? Besides a car and a house, what’s the BIGGEST purchase you’ve ever made?



*I do not use the term “sneakers”. I’ve always called ‘sneakers’ tennis shoes, even if they weren’t meant for tennis. It takes effort to use the word ‘sneakers’.

No comments: