Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bad Form

I am by no means an expert on exercise or a personal trainer, but I know how to perform exercises properly.

I’ve noticed lately how much it bugs me when I see someone in the gym performing an exercise wrong. I don’t say anything, but I think to myself how badly these people-mostly men- are going to hurt themselves one day.

When you do lunges, your knee shouldn’t go forward over your toe. When you are bending over for an exercise, a flat back is the way to do it- never arch. On machines, slow movement is always better than quick.

If I’m wrong, then I was taught wrong. But at least I had the good sense to ask.

If you are paying for a gym membership then you are paying for the staff to walk you through proper use of machinery at least one time. They don’t want you to get hurt at their facility. It is their job to show you how to do things, don’t be afraid to ask.

I would hate for an injury to derail your healthy living choices.

No comments: