Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Monday, December 13, 2010

Wrapping up for the year at work

Get it? Wrapping?

It is my last Monday for the year. I mean, my last Monday that I have to get up and go to work.

When I come back in January, I will have piles of work to do. January is my worst month. I have an annual inspection that I have to get ready for and pass with flying colors. I should already be preparing, but I’m kind of not. I’ve been doing this for over 7 years now; I think I’ve got it down without having to stress out beforehand. Let’s hope that’s the case.

It was always important to me to get the last two weeks of the year off. I think it is because I grew up having those two weeks off from school and thought it was the way it is supposed to be. So each year I calculate my PTO and organize my use of it in a way that allows me to always have those days off at the end of the year. While it isn’t a necessary thing to do now, it will be when I have children. There are traditions to carry on during those two weeks.

I am thankful that I have a job that I can do that with. I am thankful to work for people who appreciate the meaning of time-off, the holidays, family and straight up mental health days.

Do you try to take more time off at Christmas than any other time of year? Does your company give you an appropriate amount of paid time-off?

No comments: