Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Still Expecting!

Last week when I received the email from our Home Study agent saying he’d gotten all of our paperwork…I got totally nervous!

I don’t know what it’s like to be pregnant and realize that your life is about to change forever, but I have a feeling that my skipping heart and jumble of nervous thoughts were just the tip of the iceberg.

It’s a very scary feeling to realize you’ve ‘stepped out of the boat’ and there really is no turning back.

At the same time I’m excited and hope the process goes quickly. I’m staying positive and envisioning a child in our house within the next year. I know this is not usually the case, but I am normally a pessimist, so I need to keep a positive outlook about this.

There are so many milestones to account for in this process…I can’t wait to check them all off. I may not be physically pregnant, but I’ve just made a similar commitment. A match has not been made, but we are still expecting!!!!

If you’ve adopted, how long was it from Home Study to child-in-arms? What milestones were biggest for you? When did you really feel “expectant”?

No comments: