Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Friday, December 17, 2010

snow WHITE

I have a bracelet with snowmen on it and a little charm that says ‘Isa. 1:18’, referencing this scripture:
Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.”

No one can disagree that snow is white.

I never actually realized how white until I lived in the north for a few years and saw it for myself. It isn’t just white, it is BRIGHT. The reflection of the sun on those blankets of snow causes it to be blinding to the naked eye. And it is beautiful.

However, after a while, when it hasn’t melted and the snow plows have pushed it around and the cars have slung grease on it, it starts looking nasty. It turns grey or black. And it is just sad how something so naturally beautiful can become so ugly.

See where I’m going with this?

If our sins are washed away by forgiveness and they become white as snow, then doesn’t it stand to reason, that after a while, if we don’t clean them up, they will start to turn grey?

In other words, have you ever asked forgiveness for a sin you’ve committed, then you’ve known good and well you were forgiven, but you just couldn’t let go? You couldn’t forgive yourself?

If we continue to dwell on those sins that God has already forgiven- not letting them melt away- then they will become grey and black and ugly. If we continuously remind ourselves about the bad things we’ve done- slinging grease on our pasts- instead of letting go, then those sins begin to creep back into our lives and cause us to sin in a different way. We begin to think that God didn’t actually forgive us and in essence accuse Him of lying when He says:
"I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins" (Isa. 43:25).

"As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us" (Ps. 103:12).

I am guilty of this myself. There are things I’ve done and been forgiven for by God, but I can’t seem to let go. The memories of my transgressions creep back into my head and cause me to feel guilty, but that is so wrong!

We should all aspire to live our lives in such a way that our forgiven sins are as white as snow and that they are so bright, they blind those around us. Let God’s forgiveness reflect itself in you so that everyone around you is taken aback by it.

"I have blotted out, like a thick cloud, your transgressions, and like a cloud, your sins. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you" (Isa. 44:22).

No comments: