Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Shopping away from home

(I swear I already wrote this post, but I can’t find it. Forgive me if I am repeating myself.)

For some reason, when I am away from home, I want to spend money. Even if the place I’m going has the same stores that I have available at home.
That’s pretty ridiculous. I vow to change that starting today.

We are travelling to visit family and I will not be going shopping. With the exception of very few items, there is nothing I can get there that I can’t get at home. And I don’t have a reason to go shopping. It isn’t like we are going to a hot (or cold) vacation spot where I want some souvenirs to take home.

I usually use shopping as an excuse to get out of the house for a while. I’ll have to find something else to do this time.

Do you tend to spend more money when you are out of town, even when the stores are all the same?

No comments: