Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Call me Thomas

The real test of my healthy living habits begins tomorrow with my Christmas “vacation”.

I’m not great at beating my will power and I’m certainly an emotional eater and there is nothing that disturbs my emotions more than family gatherings.

Going sugar-free has helped a lot with the cravings. Hopefully I can carry that with me and not eat sweets just because they are available.

Also, going up north means no outside cardio; at least not the kind I’m used to. It will be a struggle to stay on track in both eating and exercising. Luckily, my gym has a location where I’m going.

My eating plan:

Stick to sugar-free, unless it is fruit or other natural sugars.

Eat breakfast daily.

Don’t eat the bread or white rice (which is served at every meal with my in-laws).

Don’t snack between meals unless it is a handful of almonds or an apple or similar.

Drink water; carry my water bottle with me at all times.

My exercise plan:

Get up and go to the gym each morning before everyone gets up. (That’s not a problem, as they all tend to sleep in until 11am or so.)

Take walks when possible.

Participate in the annual tennis match. (This might be a problem because we won’t have our rackets.)

My emotional plan:

Don’t stress out.

Get up and leave the room if necessary.

Be myself. (This is always hard to do around the in-laws.)

So that’s the plan. I think I can…I think I can…

No comments: