Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Scrapbook

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the book we may (or may not) be required to put together to give to adoption agencies. This book is meant to show our lives to prospective birth mothers. It will be through this book, and probably a letter, that we will convey who we are to someone in order for them to decide if they want us to raise their child as our own.

No pressure there.

We should include pictures of ourselves, our families, our pets.

Nothing like putting your fate in someone else’s hands, huh?

Self-consciousness has arrived in the form of:
I hope I look alright/am attractive enough.
I hope our pets don’t scare people off.
I hope my husband looks like a good father.
I hope our family looks loving and accepting.

I don’t necessarily like the idea of the scrapbook, but if that is what it takes, then so be it. There is a child that has been planned for us. We have to do our part.

What would you include in your book?

2 comments:

sophiaoreilly said...

I did a profile, but not a scrapbook. And it was fun! Domestic adoption is a lot about making a connection with a prospective adoptive mother (family); you never know what will connect, so when the time comes just relax and be yourselves on paper!

Shawna

Blake said...

Thanks for the comment!
I guess profile is the correct word, though I've seen it called both. It is just a bit nervewracking thinking that your words/pics are what decides if you will be picked.
Thanks for the encouragement!