Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Not convenient

I’ve been getting rather bored with my workout schedule which is detrimental to my health.

It is detrimental because when I get bored with working out, I stop working out. Or at least I stop doing it as often.

I’m still making myself do something 5 days a week, but I’m not at the gym as long as I need to be.

So, I started looking up classes for yoga, kickboxing, or the like. (My gym is a 24/7 place that doesn’t offer classes.)

I would like to take a class in the early morning, around 5 am. However, I live in a small town and apparently no one gets up that early to exercise in a group fashion. All of the classes I am interested in are during the work day or later in the evening when I am already home and done for the day.

I know I shouldn’t be picky, but is it too much to ask that there be at least ONE class at a time that is convenient for me? Even on a Saturday, a class offered at 9 or 10 AM is practically in the middle of my day. I want to be able to get out of bed, exercise, and then start my day.

My only option is to get up and do the yoga/Pilates DVDs that I have at the house, but I’m just not motivated to do that. If I were paying for a class, then I would be motivated to get up and do.

I just don’t understand why fitness classes fall in the late morning or middle of the day. What about people who work? Am I the only one with this problem? Am I just being too picky?

No comments: