Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Friday, November 12, 2010

My little faith

This week, God’s been calling me out of the boat.

It’s time I take that first step (by ‘I’, I mean my hubby and I) and rely on God to direct my path.

It’s been 3 years since we started our Home Study paperwork for adoption. We filled out the papers in 2007 at which time we thought there was no way we could handle the costs. We bought a house in 2008 and pulled out the forms again, going so far as to have some notarized. Then again, we thought it was just too much to take on.

It’s been over two years since we looked at that paperwork.

This week, I went through my files and found it all. We updated everything that was out of date. We contacted our Home Study agency and we mailed in our fingerprints to begin the background check.

It’s time to take the Lord’s hand and know that we won’t sink.

With God’s help and our faith, we will be completing our Home Study at the beginning of 2011.

I don’t know what comes after that. I don’t know what kind of funds we will have at that time. I don’t know how long it will take us to take that next step. I don’t know when we will be matched to a child.

All I know is that God is telling me to take courage and to not be afraid. He is telling me to ‘Come.’ He is telling me that it is time to stop doubting. He’s telling me to take that step out of the boat and join Him on what is sure to be an amazing journey.


Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone, and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it. Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear. But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.” “Come,” he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?” And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.” –Matt. 14:22-33

No comments: