Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I don't make pretty food

I read several Healthy Living food blogs (see Blogroll) where they take pictures of their meals and post them. They are always so pretty. I know a percentage of that has to do with the camera and lighting, but some of it has to be the food.

I don't make pretty food.


Yesterday's Lunch
Tofu with Tastefully Simple Smoky Bacon Grill Sauce
Green Giant Steamed Mixed Veggies
Apple


I don't eat pretty food.

Today's Breakfast
Onion and Egg-Scrambled/Fried
Half an English Muffin and grape jelly

I know that the way food looks affects whether people want to eat it or not. But let's be honest. Who makes their meals daily and ends up making them look pretty? I only actually try to make my food pretty if I am making it for other people (hubby not included- sorry!).

I'm not knocking these blogs. Their food looks great. I just don't try that hard. It doesn't have to be pretty to taste good.

No comments: