Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Early birds… get really tired

I have always been an early riser. I go to bed early and wake up early. I go to work early so that I can get off work early. When I am going somewhere, I inevitably get there early…even when I leave my house late.


Early is just in me, it’s part of me.

However, the one thing I don’t do early- not for lack of trying- is exercise. I have tried several times to start exercising in the mornings before work. But I find that I am exhausted by noon and have trouble functioning after that. I’ve read that you should continue to do this until your body gets used to it, then the early morning exercise will leave you more energized instead of the opposite. I can’t say that I’ve ever gotten that far. I don’t think I’ve ever done morning exercises for more than a week because I am so tired by the end of the week, that I just can’t justify continuing on that schedule.

I think I am willing to give it one more shot; maybe when the time changes next week.

That is, if I can bare to get out of my warm bed if/when it turns cold.

No comments: