Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Duh

I went shopping yesterday afternoon for a birthday gift. I managed to talk myself out of buying 3 different items for myself and stick with the plan to only buy the gift.

I found one thing for the gift, but I don’t feel like it is enough. I may go out and try to find something else.

But that always puts me in the position of being tempted to buy myself something again.

Stay strong, Blake, stay strong.

****

On my way to work this morning, I heard a commercial for Feedthepig.com. It is a financial savings website. I’ve heard of it before, but never visited. I wondered why it was called feedthepig.

Duh.

Their creative, yet very creepy, mascot is a piggy bank headed man hybrid thingy. I get it.

I’m still exploring the site but it looks like a good place to go on ideas for saving. It has all types of categories like books/magazines, cable TV, take-out, etc. where you can go and find other people’s ideas on how to save or add your own. It is resourceful. Check it out. We could all use ideas on how to save money from time to time.

No comments: