Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

30 Day Give: Days 6-16

I haven’t forgotten. I haven’t given up. I just haven’t mentioned things.

I know the point of these 30 days of giving is to make a difference with of all the participants combined. But I’ve felt a little lacking in the giving, because the first 5 days were mostly monetary gives, and obviously I can’t do that all the time. So I’ve done some really small seemingly insignificant things.

I moved someone’s recycling bin from the middle of the road back to their yard.

I fixed a cup of coffee for my husband and took it to him in bed.

I donated leftover garage sale items to Goodwill.

I left bigger than normal tips on several occasions at restaurants.

I gave a friend some Christmas décor because all of hers was packed up for a move.

I sent a message to a friend I haven’t spoken to in a while.

I passed on a resume for an old high school acquaintance that recently lost his job.

I complimented someone anonymously.

These things, to me, seem insignificant. And I know that’s not the point. But I felt they weren’t worthy of a single post in and of themselves.

I have to remember that it isn’t about that. It is about everything as a whole. Not just what I’m doing, but what the whole community is doing.

So, I haven’t given big, I haven’t given up, but I have given.

No comments: