Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

30 Day Give Challenge - Day 3

Today's giving idea came to me in the mail.

I don't know about you, but I often get mail from charities asking for donations and if it is someone I've not given to in the past (therefore, a random solicitiation), I usually just shred it.

Today I didn't do that. I opened it, I filled it out, I wrote a check and I gave. There was even a card on which you could write a note to the family recieving your gift.

I wrote a check and sent a note to a family giving them the ability to have a Thanksgiving dinner provided by a local rescue mission.

I am thankful for this mission and I am thankful that God has allowed me the ability to provide for them.

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." - Col. 2:6-7

No comments: