Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sore losers or something

I've never been one to brag or boast when my football team wins. I might say a "War Eagle" to a fan of the losing time with a smile, but nothing so bold as to rub it in there face.

Auburn won tonight against LSU. Our quarterback used to play for University of Florida until he was kicked off the team because he was arrested for possesion of stolen property (laptops which he says he bought from someone, knowing better, but needed it- still no excuse).

Why then, when we (Auburn fans) brag about him and his talent, are UF fans saying things like "oh, well, if he hadn't gotten kicked off our team for breaking the law blah, blah, blah..."

I get it. He used to play for you. But now he doesn't. I'm sorry. He's REALLY good. I wish there were enough of him to go around. The fact is, he is a great football player, probably the best there is right now in college football. He happens to play for the team I go for. Please don't be petty. I'm not rubbing it in when I brag on him being better than other quarterbacks. I'm just stating facts.

No comments: