Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Leftover Stew

You know how when you have a bunch of leftovers in the fridge and have no idea what to do with them? That happens to me all the time. Rather than waste all of that food, I have become quite a good maker of Leftover Stew, or Leftover anything. I just throw things together and make a good meal…at least I think it’s good.


Yesterday for lunch, I didn’t have anything planned out and my husband had taken the previous night’s leftovers for his lunch, so I pulled a few things out of the fridge and mixed them together. It sounded like it could have been really tasty or really nasty. Luckily, it was tasty.

I had half a large can of tuna fish. I put some Dijon mustard in to give it some spice. Then I added about 2 TBSP of crumbled goat cheese and some sliced black olives. I served it (to myself) with some Sea Salt Melba Toast Crackers. It was actually very good. The goat cheese and Dijon flavors didn’t fight each other at all. Actually I think they muted each other enough not to be too strong in any bite.

I do this kind of thing all the time. So hopefully, I can share more “Leftover” recipes as time goes on. If you try this, let me know what you think!

No comments: