Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Monday, October 25, 2010

Just when you think things are going good

For the past few weeks it has been cool enough here in Florida to turn off the AC and leave the windows open for a breeze. That is, until this weekend. It got hot again. So I turned on the AC. And it wouldn’t work…WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!


I hate-hate-hate to call an AC repair man in, knowing it will cost us lots of money. At the same time, I am okay with it because we actually HAVE the money in our emergency fund (E-fund). I don’t like having to use it, but that is what it is there for.

I am just praying it is an easy and inexpensive fix and that it doesn’t completely drain our E-fund.

I think if we were debt-free AND had the E-fund built up, then it would be ok. Well, okay in the sense that it wouldn’t affect us too badly. However, if we spend too much of our E-fund, then we have to worry about building it back up again and that’s where my pain lies most.

As I said, it bothers me, but not as much as it would have a year ago.

Do you ever get to a place where you feel okay when emergencies arise because you have the money to pay for it? Or are emergencies always big PITAs and make you wanna scream?

No comments: