Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Friday, October 29, 2010

Giving thanks and other things

Starting Monday, I will be participating in the ’30 Day Giving Challenge’ with http://30daygivingchallenge.com/.


30-Day Giving Challenge


I am looking forward to coming up with creative ways to give my time and money, but at the same time I’m nervous about being able to do it for 30 days.

The Word of God says:

“Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” -2 Corinthians 9:7

I will pray each day for God to lead me in the right direction. As this scripture says, I shouldn’t be reluctant or act compulsively. I need to trust that I am doing God’s will in whatever it is I choose to give and to whom I choose to give. By the end of November, I hope that a giving heart will have grown in me and that I will habitually give to those in need.

I will try to add what I’ve done for that day to my blog entries.

I encourage everyone to do the same.

Read here for more information.

No comments: