Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Endorphins are FUN!

I got up this morning and I had a not-so-healthy breakfast of 2 cups of coffee and 7 Oreos.


I hadn’t planned on eating the Oreos, but they were so convincing when they called my name this morning.

Then I went out and ran 4 miles.

Yes. FOUR FREAKING MILES!

I haven’t run that far since last winter. I’ve barely run over 2.5 miles in the past six months. But I went out this morning with a plan to run four and be happy if I made it to three. Well, I just kept running!

This is a huge accomplishment for me and it might be the endorphins talking, but I am so happy and proud of my 13+ minute miles.

Yeah, I’m slow, but I did it non-stop running and for that, I will be happy.

I actually could have kept going. But I timed it as such to where my 4 mile mark was back at my driveway, so I really didn’t want to go further.

I got a stitch in my side about 2 miles in, but it wasn’t so uncomfortable that I couldn’t run through it. I just kept breathing deeply and it finally went away. Then about 3 miles in, and nowhere near a restroom, I had to go, but I was able to run through that feeling as well and make it home without stopping once.

I feel like I can do anything now. Gotta love the endorphins!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

You go, girl!!! :-D