Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Artful Budgeting

It is coming up on that time of year again where our budget gets out of whack. No matter how much we plan ahead for Christmas gifts and traveling…someway, somehow, everything gets screwed up.


I’ve sat in front of my computer for a couple of hours trying to plan out from now until February. Just making sure all debts are paid, all gift budgets are accounted for and all travel monetary expectations are thought of.

Here is what I came up with:


Yeah, like I was really going to show you my budget! But look at all the pretty colors!

My budgeting spreadsheet has been my friend for many years, in many iterations. I am quite AR when it comes to this. I check my bank balance daily just to make sure everything is matching. I know that I don’t have to do this…once a week would be plenty, but I am very paranoid about it. Hopefully, one day [SOON] when the debt balance is $0.00, things will be much easier to handle…and not so colorful.

How do you keep up with your budget? Do you just have a checkbook register like the olden days? :P Or do you use a website like Mint.com? Or do you do your own thing like me?

No comments: