Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Saturday, October 2, 2010

7 things

Here is a list of seven things that I noticed/heard/learned this past week.


1) As much as I hate movie/TV spoilers, my tendency to be impatient is stronger. I was so intrigued by the Catfish trailer that I would have seen it immediately. However, it wasn’t playing anywhere near me, so I looked up spoilers. Now I don’t have to see it.

2) The Kettlebell (I’ve mistakenly typed “kettleball” several times this week) workout is not necessarily a full body workout. And doing tons of squats doesn’t mean your quads will hurt more than your hamstrings.

3) When sewing, make sure the fabric is going the right direction; otherwise you will have to undo the stitches by hand and start over.

4) Melting white chocolate in order to make a candy coating for other foods is not easy; not in the microwave or on the stove top.

5) I can’t seem to come to a conclusion on which direction my blog should follow, so I’ll continue to go with the flow and hope I get more readers.

6) We (Americans) live in a Salad Bowl these days, not a Melting Pot (see yesterday’s post).

7) Childhood bullying is hitting an all time high. At least the level of bullying. It isn’t just name-calling anymore. Kids are getting physically hurt by bullies, or are just so tormented they hurt themselves. Something has to be done about this.

No comments: