Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Treat or Treat!

No tricks here…I’m a nice person at Halloween.


My niece and nephew are spending this weekend with us. I am so excited because it is the first weekend in October and I am going to find some awesome Halloween recipes for us to make together. I also have the Addams Family series of movies and shows for us to marathon through. Hopefully I can tear them away from the Wii. And hopefully my idea of fun isn’t boring to them.

I honestly don’t know what it is I love about Halloween.

Oh wait… I love the decorations…mostly the cute ones, not the scary ones. I love costumes…it’s the one time of year you can dress up as something totally different than usual and no one finds you odd. I think I embarrass my hubby every year when I dress up punk or goth or witchy. I love the movies, even the scary ones. My favorites used to be the Halloween series, but these days I prefer the Scream series. I find it hard to watch super scary movies anymore (Thank you to the makers of “The Ring”). And of course I love the candy! Candy Corn is awesome! Mini Snickers bars and 3 Musketeers are super-yummy! And Pumpkin flavored warm drinks! Spiced Cider! Ahhhhhhhhhh! I’m so excited!

…and I’m a dork.

What are you dressing up as? Do you hand out candy or do you leave your house to avoid it? (I feel guilty if we aren’t home to hand out candy.) What’s your favorite Halloween candy?

No comments: