Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Saturday, September 18, 2010

So there I was using the toilet...

The other day I went to Target. I went into the bathroom and there was a woman in there with a buggy. In the buggy was a baby and then another young boy (less than 2yo) was standing there with his hands over his ears. The woman was on the phone. There was someone in one of the stalls. I assume this was another child.

I went into a stall and sat. The little boy proceeded to stare through the crack of the stall door. The mom is just talking away on the phone. I thought maybe she had her back turned so I said, rather loudly, “Don’t do that. Stop doing that.” The mom did nothing. She continued to talk on the phone. The boy continued to stare.

I got up walked out and looked at the mom. I wanted to say something SO bad. I just gave her a dirty look instead as I washed my hands. But I know she saw what he was doing. She was looking right at the stalls when I walked out.

I was appalled! I can’t believe someone would be so rude as to A) talk on the phone in the public bathroom and B) allow her son to stare at a woman while she was using the toilet.

And then me…I was too nice to interrupt her phone call to yell at her.
What would you have done/said?

No comments: