Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Short Sunday.2

I was just struck by this paragraph in Rick Warren’s The Purpose Driven Life:


"God also planned where you’d be born and where you’d live for his purpose. Your race and nationality are no accident. God left no detail to chance. He planned it all for his purpose. The Bible says, “From one man he made every nation,…and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.” (Acts 17:26) Nothing in your life is arbitrary. It’s all for a purpose."

My husband and I struggle daily with the when and why of child adoption. Will it ever happen? Why is it taking so long? The above quote gave me a sense of relief. I’d heard the message before, many times, but for some reason it just hit me. God already has a child for us. The child might not be born yet, but He knows who it is and we will be given that child when He is ready to bring him/her to us. We need not worry that it will happen…because it will.

God is good all the time…

No comments: