Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Check It Out

(This is somewhat a continuation of yesterday’s post.)


Did you ever notice that people who write checks in a check-out line always wait until everything is totaled up to pull the checkbook out of their purse and start writing? Did you ever notice it is mostly little old ladies that still write checks?

I’m not making fun of little old ladies; I hope to be one someday.

I do wish, though, that they would learn to use a debit card. Writing checks is so old school. Sure it is fine to pay a bill with a check through mail, but you don’t have someone standing behind you waiting to check out when you are writing a check at home.

If you insist on paying by check, then have it out of the purse/wallet and have already started filling it in before the items are totaled. Then all you have to do is write the amount in and you are good to go. Even better, places like Wal-mart will electronically fill out your check and all you have to do is sign it.

I understand that it is the older generation stuck in their ways and that they in all probability will not be reading this blog. I just wanted to get my ‘advice’ out there. I know I’m not the only person that this annoys.

No comments: