Wisdom brightens a person's face and changes its hard appearance. -Ecclesiatstes 8:1

Friday, August 27, 2010

Who or What am I?

Since I’m fairly new to this blog, I feel I should give a little introduction. I’ve blogged in the past. But I’ve never challenged myself to a daily blog. And if I plan on becoming famous from this puppy, I guess my readers should know something about me.*
I think, since there are 31 days this month that’s how many things I will tell you about myself. (I’m so random).
Well, I guess that is number 1: I am random. I have random thoughts and this blog may seem rather random until I settle into a groove, which I totally plan to do…one day.
2: I am opinionated. Everyone has opinions, but not everyone is opinionated. I don’t have STRONG opinions on many topics, but the few that I do, I will get highly emotional when defending my opinion. On other, not so strong opinions, I will gladly share my feelings. I might even be persuaded by an opposing view on those topics if coming from a knowledgeable source.
3: My spelling is not great. I used to be a really good speller, until I started using a computer constantly.
4: I am a Christian. I love Jesus. I might not always come across that way (see number 2) but I want people to know that I have been saved by the blood of the lamb.
5: I’m still a sinner. I still make mistakes. I am not perfect. So if I ever put something on here that doesn’t reflect a righteous person, please know that I am not infallible. Please don’t judge all Christians by what I say.
6: I am in my early 30’s…and I think I’ll stay there. Most people stop at 29. I was fine with moving past that age. But I’m good here now.
7: I am happily married.
8: I work full time outside the home.
9: I do not have children.
10: My husband and I cannot have biological children.
11: My husband and I plan to adopt.
12: I am not independently wealthy and can’t afford the outrageous adoption costs at this point in my life. But we are working on it.
13: I have 2 dogs and 2 cats.
14: I love animals. But I also eat them…I know it doesn’t seem right.
15: I am, and forever will be, on a diet.
16: I was voted Most Dependable in my high school class, and I am still the most dependable person I know.
17: I am always 15 minutes early when I go somewhere. Even when I leave late to get there, I somehow manage to show up 15 minutes early.
18: I get physically agitated if someone is making me feel like I will be late.
19: I love music. (Blake’s New Face is actually in reference to a song. I’ll let you discover which “One”.)
20: But I hate listening to the radio.
21: And I can’t sing well.
22: I read comic books, or graphic novels, whatever you wish to call them.
23: I also try to read three books a month (1 fiction, 1 non-fiction business related, 1 non-fiction Christian) but most of the time I fail to get all three read.
24: I appreciate good art, though I have no talent for it myself.
25: I love to watch people dance.
26: I will NOT dance in front of people.
27: I would love to be able to go back to school for a different degree.
28: I am southern and I refer to myself as a ‘belle’ though I’m really not.
29: I am a HUGE fan of Auburn University football.
30: I have one sibling.
31: I watch too much TV, but it is my escape when I need it.
So, there you have it. Thirty-one things about me. Hopefully you find me interesting.
*I totally said that stuff about becoming famous and having readerS in jest.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

RE: #6 I didn't have a problem crossing over into the 30s either, but here at 32 is where I plan to stay, lol.